No video on this one, just done for fun one day, I think while I was still working on the toucans! I always seem to have a couple pictures going at the same time..
Ok, so months and months ago, I did a very thinned out layer of watercolors as a base.
When I picked it back up in June, I switched over to just using faber-castell polychromos. Working with such crazy colors, I was fairly sure I was on the right track, but decided to take a picture with my phone, and de-saturate it to check the values. This is a handy thing to do when you are just not sure about something you are working on, just simplify it, and decide what needs to be adjusted.
Finished out the coloring, then put in a soft chalk pastel background, sprayed fixative, let dry, then put in some highlighting with a white posca pen. This paper is entirely too big to fit on the scanner, so here’s the compiled scan, made from 6 different scans!